18 December 2010

Christmas in Kai's Corner

I finally moved my arse and helped my husband with the Christmas decoration inside the house. Yes, I know, it's seven days before Christmas,"Why even bother?" But like what other BLMs have done this season, we wanted to decorate the house in honor of our beloved, Kai. He may not be here with us but we'd like to show him the Christmas that we planned for him.

Alas, his parents are career procrastinators. Heh. We have a tendency to do things at the last minute. So here we are seven days before Christmas and we aren't finished yet. We just got a tree tonight and it's a tall one. As I type this, my husband is in the garage prepping it. I'm thinking it will take the whole night to decorate it. Good thing it's Sunday tomorrow.

But there's one thing I made sure to get done decorating before everything else - Kai's corner. It turned out pretty good. My husband and I can't help but smile every time we see it. Somehow it makes us feel even closer to Kai this holiday. Here are some photos:

Kai's Corner all decked out for Christmas.

I love the metal turtles we bought in Capitola, CA last Labor Day weekend.





The little angel by the piano, the scarfed cat and the Santa Claus ferris wheel, they all play Christmas music. The piano lights up when the music is turned on and it plays "Silent Night". Meanwhile, the scarfed tabby sings "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" in meow language. The ferris wheel lights up and goes round and round while playing "Deck The Halls." If I take a video of all of them on, it will most likely be the most annoying thing you'll hear this season. Hehe. But they are really fun companions to Kai.

A starfish tree topper with Priscilla's photo of Kai's name in the background.

7 comments:

Rhiannon said...

It looks beautiful, Jennifer! I love what you said about decorating to show Kai the Christmas you had planned for him. This is certainly not the Christmas any of us had in mind this year but I am glad that you are making the best of it. I can't wait to see pics of the very large tree! ;)

rebecca said...

You guys did an amazing job, I'm glad that Kai's corner brings you some comfort during this difficult season.

Dana said...

Kai's corner is beautiful. I really like what you said about decorating to show Kai the Christmas you would have had for him. I haven't done any Christmas decorating because Jacob isn't there, but I should look at it your way...I should show what we would have done for him. You have inspired me to decorate a tree. Thanks.

Allison said...

As soon as I saw the title of your blog post, I smiled. I knew that I was about to see beautiful pictures of Kai's corner decorated for Christmas. I know I have already told you this, but I think it is such a wonderful idea to decorate Kai's corner for each holiday. What a special way to involve and honor your son. His corner is just beautiful. I can imagine you and your husband wanting to sit and stare at his mementos for hours at time. Sending love your way!

brianna said...

Wonderful job. It looks like a lot of love went into making it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful... just beautiful.

Priscilla said...

Jennifer, Kai's corner is absolutely beautiful! I love how you both decorate it for the holidays. Like Allison, I immediately smiled when I saw the title to the posting. :) Love it, just love it!

Post a Comment