You guys remember my entry, Sad Ornaments? It's going to be difficult to see all those "baby's first christmas" ornaments displayed in stores when the holiday season begins. (Gawd, I saw some in our local CVS as early as September!) Well, Jenni over at Demeter's Feet has a wonderful idea and project: why not make a holiday ornament and swap it with other bereaved families? You'll get to make an ornament for the lost little one of another family while you receive one for your own little one made with love from another family. Yes, a handmade ornament that's more meaningful than those store-bought ones. As Jenni said, you don't need to be crafty or artistic, it's the thought that counts. So I hope you'll participate and bring a little bit of joy and peace to other bereaved parents in honor of your little one. This link will take you to the sign-up website. Thanks a bunch.
--------------------------------------------
Also, I'd like to show off some photos of Kai's name I've received. Seeing gifts like these makes me smile during gloomy days. Thank you, mamas, you are wonderful. (((HUGS)))
![]() |
| Thank you, Priscilla. (http://missingolivia.blogspot.com) |
![]() |
| Thank you, Jill. (http://vermontangels.blogspot.com/) |









5 comments:
I love the idea of an ornament swap for bereaved families. Thanks for sharing this link. Things Remembered has some really pretty ornaments that you can get engraved and I am thinking I may get one for our sweet Harper. Sending love...
That is such a great idea! Just yesterday, I was looking for an ornament for Drew but nothing stood out.
Beautiful pictures of Kai's name! <3
What a beautiful idea, thank you for sharing. And the pictures with Kai's name are wonderful ((hugs))
I've been seeing those Baby's First Christmas ornaments everywhere and it is tough. What a great idea of baby loss mom's making ornaments for other baby loss Mom's.
I love the pictures of Kai's name.
Thank you so much for the card you sent me. I just love it and am so touched that you thought of Jacob and I.
Beautiful pictures.....
I love the idea of the ornament exchange- I was recently thinking about needing to get something for Cullen....
love and grace- L
Post a Comment