![]() |
| 神奈川沖浪裏 Kanagawa Oki Nami Ura by woodblock print artist, Hokusai. |
In the West, we think of each human life as solid and discrete, beginning at conception and ending at death. The Buddhist view is of waves appearing and disappearing endlessly on a great ocean of life energy. When cause and effect combine in a certain way, a wave arises, appearing
to us as an individual whom we can see and touch and love. When death occurs and it disappears from our view, we mourn our loss. If we could see clearly that it has only rejoined that ground
of being and nonbeing from which it emerged, that it has indeed returned home,
we would find great comfort.
by Jan Chozen Bays, a Zen priest at Jizo Mountain, Great Vow Zen Monastery
in Clatskanie, Oregon.







4 comments:
I find this idea so beautiful and reassuring. I have been trying to make sense of where I understand Drew to be and what form he is in now. It is so difficult to articulate, but I connect with these types of concepts more than anything else. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Thinking of you and Kai always <3
I love this idea too, it is very comforting. I like to think that our children are all around us, their energy is all around feeding back into us. On the day Harper was born and died and after I held her for the last time I saw this confetti like flickering of light all around my head and face. I just knew that that was her, coming home to me (I was not drugged). I realize that may sound weird, but I really believe in that kind of stuff. Thinking of you and your little Kai.
Beautiful, thank you for sharing this. Sending love to you!
I love to think of it this way. It brings so much comfort. Thanks for sharing this!
Post a Comment