22 October 2010

A Little Ditty For A Support Group Junkie

a little ditty for a support group junkie
by Alice Stephen, UK

chat rooms, grief books, support emails,
some heavy and some light,
have kept me from feeling isolated
especially late into the night.

As i sit at my computer by the window reading
and responding to my new kin
passerby neighbors who may see me
have no idea what lies within.

outward appearances are so deceptive
I have to give a smile
but I get such comfort here in this transparent
world, if only for a while.

my new unseen friends are a lot like me,
and they span across the globe,
it's amazing how comfortable I am "chatting"
with them as I sit here in my robe!

inventions may come and go
and we all have our favorite one,
for me it's the internet which I use to help me
deal with the loss of my son.

i'll send this little ditty to all my friends who
i'll never get to meet but on whom I lean,
and i'd like to say thank you and god bless us all
who read this on their screen.

-----

Just a little poem that I got from our support group this week. I thought I'd share it with you to say 'thank you' to all of you who are bearing witness to my grief. And I'm also grateful that you've allowed me to bear witness to yours via your blogs. Your sadness, your thoughts, your hopes and dreams - THANK YOU for sharing them with me. (((HUGS)))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. A big THANK YOU right back at you mamma. I appreciate all of- every last bit.
Love and grace- L

rebecca said...

Thank you for abiding with me as I grieve and being courageous enough to share your own pain and grief. Love to you my friend & strength for your continued journey.

Rhiannon said...

I love this poem! I can't tell you how much being apart of such a supportive online community has helped me to deal with my own grief and I have only you and my other BLMs to thank. You have truly been a lifeline for me as it is so comforting to know that we are not alone. Love and strength to you today and always. <3 <3

brianna said...

Hello Jennifer,

I just found your blog. What a beautiful little guy Kai was. I am sorry that he is not with you. I am glad that you have found a support group. What a tremendous help it is to have someone to talk to about your loss.

Your photographs are quite wonderful. It also looks like you and I share similar tastes in blog design. Which is to say that you have great taste ;)

Wishing you the best.

Post a Comment