13 June 2011

Kai's Corner for His 1st Birthday

In three days, Kai will mark his first birthday. I've lost count of how many times I've wished that he is here alive and celebrating this milestone with us. Normal, that's what I hope for. A normal birthday celebration yet a truly happy one where we, as parents, would be breathing a little better for successfully raising a child for a year. But that's not meant to be. So here we are, a year of grieving our beloved son who will never age in our hearts.

Oh how we love and miss him and these feelings have been amplified this month. My husband and I have been weepy since the first of June. When I started decorating Kai's corner, tears were ever present. But somehow seeing his corner all decked out everyday for his special day brings us comfort.



I hope you like your birthday posse, Lumpy. They make mommy and daddy smile a little despite of the fact that you are not here with us. We love and miss you. To Pluto and back, kiddo. To Pluto and back.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Jennifer.. this just makes me smile through tears. Love to you and your little traveler...

Dana said...

This post makes me smile and cry, "To Pluto and back, kiddo. To Pluto and back" especially.

Kai's corner is beautiful. You always decorate his space so beautifully. I can imagine him looking at him and feeling just how much you love him.

The lead up to the 1st birthday is hard, especially the last few days, and I was very teary too. I've been thinking of you often and will be celebrating Kai's birthday here and sending you lots of love. You are such a wonderful Mama. xoxo

Rhiannon said...

Kai's corner is beautiful. You and your husband have done a wonderful job at honoring your sweet son and keeping alive in all of our hearts on his birthday and always. Lots of love to you and your sweet family. <3

Allison said...

Kai's corner is precious. I love all of the decorations you chose. They are a beautiful way to celebrate and honor Kai's life. You, Dave, and Kai are in my thoughts and prayers this week, and I will be celebrating your son tomorrow. Love to you all!

Priscilla said...

I absolutely love what you've done with Kai's corner! It's such a wonderful way to honor and remember him on a daily basis!

Post a Comment