08 May 2011

Mother's Day in Kai's Corner

I have no words today. Mother's Day is unreal to me. Except for this loving community and my husband, the only person who would have really recognized me as a mother is dead.  There's nothing to be happy about that fact. And yet, I am thankful that I had him. Kai will always be my little boy and I will always be his mother. It doesn't matter if society, friends and family don't think so.

Kai's corner lovingly decorated for the month of May. I had that mother-child statue May of last year during my Mother's Blessing ceremony. I finally took it out of the closet in remembrance of that event and of Mother's Day.

A mother
holds her children’s hands for a little while...their hearts forever.

I received this lovely handmade bouquet from another BLM in the Remembering Together Swap. Thank you, Carol from happy-sadmama.blogspot.com.


A Blessing for All Babylost Mothers
With the first light of sun...Bless you. When the day is done...Bless you. In your smile and in your tears...Bless you. Through each day of all your years...Bless you.

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I love the blessing you posted at the end, it is beautiful. I think Kai's corner is decorated just lovely for Mother's day.

You are a mother, Jennifer. A wonderful, beautiful, loving mother to a sweet little boy in Heaven. I know that Kai is up in Heaven today telling all of his angel friends about how great is mama is and how much he misses you.

I hope that you are able to find some peace on this difficult day. Sending lots of love your way. <3

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful corner for the month of May...
the statue is just precious. I know this must have been an awful day for you, but I hope you know that I am thinking of you as Kai's beautiful mother tonight and always...

Allison said...

What a beautiful and special display for Kai. <3 I hope that you felt Kai very close on Mother's Day. You are a beautiful mother, and Kai is surrounded by so much love. Thinking of you always <3 <3 <3

Post a Comment