Lots of things happening this month. Wisdom teeth extraction this Friday. My husband's birthday a week from now. Kai's 7-month angelversary three days after that. A perinatologist appointment at Stanford the following week. Then my birthday.
January has always been a month that quickly passes by for me. It's like a fog - it stays, lingers for while, disorients you a little, gives you zero visibility and then lifts just in time to transition to February. I don't know what we'll do for our birthdays, the hubby has not said anything about it. I'm more focused at the prospect of getting a swollen face this Friday and the days after, so I'm not thinking about it. Yet.
The wisdom teeth extraction is a procedure I've put off when I was pregnant with Kai. They weren't a problem during my pregnancy but I did had earaches on the later part of it, which my dentist attributed to these teeth. Now they have to go. All frakkin' four of them. Ouch!
While we were looking at my x-ray, the oral surgeon saw it fit to give me the I-told-you-so-attitude, "See, this is why wisdom teeth should be taken out at the age of fifteen." To which I replied, "Gee, that's nice to know. But these teeth came out when I was in my mid-twenties." (Yes, I'm a mutant. Shhhhh.)
As for the perinatologist appointment, I don't know what to expect. The staff at the high risk OB department called it a preconception consult. But all I really wanted was to have another specialist look over all my medical records from pregnancy, to the birth/death of Kai and to my postpartum tests. I just wanted to know the reason why Kai died. Perhaps, we've missed something, anything at that time.
I imagine there would be a couple of tests to be done again, which is fine by me. I know there's a possibility that we'll never find out, that all these effort will yield nothing but my need to know is strong. It feels like I can't move forward without doing this step first. Whatever the outcome, something or nothing, I feel the need to do it. So I'll see how that goes.
For now, I'm taking January one day at a time. I'll deal with my wisdom teeth extraction first and then, I'll go from there.
(Thanks for the lovely comments about my blog makeover. Like Kai's corner IRL, I think his online space needed a bit of sprucing up as well. (^_~))
05 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
What a busy month ahead! I pray Friday goes well. I didn't get mine taken out until my early 20s and they gave me the same lecture. Note on the swollen cheeks...laugh if you want, but frozen veggies in a bra wrapped around your face works wonders. My sister did it years before I had mine taken out and after telling her oral surgeon about it, he started recommending it to all girls that came in! It's a super easy way to ensure the ice isn't going anywhere. ;)
Also, I hope you're able to get some answers when you see your Peri. It doesn't bring your sweet boy back, but it can help bring a little more peace.
Much love to you guys!
Good luck on the wisdom teeth extraction. I had mine out last year (late 20's). If you want any tips on keeping the swelling down, let me know. What worked for me was a combo of ice, arnica, and pinapple juice. I love the frozen veggies in the bra idea. :-)
Also, don't be surprised if you can't open your mouth very wide for a few weeks. I didn't realize that was normal, but apparently it is. I hope it all goes smoothly.
I also hope your appointment with the peri is helpful. Not knowing why Kai died must be so hard for you. (((Hugs)))
Wow you do have a lot this month. Will be sending lots of positive thoughts your way for tomorrow, hoping the teeth extraction goes as smoothly as possible and you have a quick recovery! As you said one step at a time ((hugs))
Thinking of you as you get through this month....
You have a busy January ahead! I hope that you can find creative and loving ways to celebrate each other's birthdays. I know Kai will be with you! <3
I have been thinking of you today! I hope the surgery went well and that you are able to find some relief from the pain. At least that will be a surgery that you will never have to experience again! Here's to a speedy recovery. (Like Priscilla said, frozen veggies are essential!)
I will be anxious to hear what the perinatologist says. Sending you well wishes and prayers!
I hope the wisdom teeth went well! I found the 7 month anniversary wasn't as painful as the 6 month one was. I hope you find it the same.
I hope the peri can pinpoint why Kai died...at least some kind of guess as to what happened. Not knowing is torture.
Thinking of you and Kai all the time.
I hope that you are feeling ok after your tooth extraction on friday! I am anxious to hear about your appt with the peri. It is so hard not having a definitive answer to why our children died so I hope that they can give you some answers. Thinking of you and little Kai.
Post a Comment