You didn't think I'd forget about Love Month in Kai's corner, didn't you? Never. No matter how busy or distracted I get with life, Kai will always be on my mind. And so is his corner. :)
As I walked around the aisles of Michael's a few weeks ago, I went past the baby shower DIYs and scrapbook pages and looked for stuffs that reminds me of him or things I can put in his corner for Valentine's month.
I didn't rant about how I should be buying more baby things instead of knick knacks and bric a bracs. I try not to go there anymore these days as I think my son would be unhappy about it. In outings such as this where I find small joys in being able to find a lovely wooden letter K wall decor and a little stuffed love monkey that are perfect for his corner, I'd whisper to Kai and to myself, "This is the only thing that nanay can do for you, Kai. I wish I can do more. But for now, I'm happy with this and I hope you are, too."
My husband chose this foam project at Michael's. He wanted to put it together himself. Just like the Halloween tree house, it took him a while to get this thing done. He kept complaining how the roof shingles were a pain to get finished. But he did a great job and christened it the "Love Monkey Shack." *que B-52's 'Love Shack' song here* And what's the shack without Le Debonair Love Monkey. "Love, baby, that's where it's at!"
We both got teary-eyed with these angel boys. I love the blue angel boy king, while the hubby likes the white cherub. "It reminds me of Kai," he said. See, we did put something innocent in Kai's corner. Not that the monkey love shack is a bad thing. It's all about the love month. You dig?
Up next, Easter or St. Patrick's Day. Oh the endless possibilities. (^_~) Wait and see what mommy and daddy will have for you in your corner, Kai. We love and miss you. Always.
22 February 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Such a wonderful idea to honor Kai! I have a corner, but I don't change things in it. I think I may have to start doing so despite my already hardcore addiction to Hobby Lobby and Michael's.
Very cute and fun! I love the pink house your hubby built! I think Kai would enjoy all these lovely decorations. :-)
(Thanks for your supportive comment on my blog yesterday. I really appreciated hearing from you.)
Kai's corner is beautiful. I bet he loves it.
I love it!!! I absolutely love how you guys have decorated for the holidays -- especially the hand-crafted creations...so sweet!!! I can't wait to see what Kai's Corner is decorated like for the next big one. :)
I love how you decorated Kai's Corner! So sweet! He is most certainly feeling your love everyday! Lots of love and hugs to you <3
Another beautiful celebration for Kai! I know he must be so proud. I also love your attitude about what you can do for him. Your relationship with your son is inspiring! <3
Post a Comment